1.05.2010

the big show

As most of you know, January and July are my big 'work months' and have been for nearly 5 years. You would think that it gets easier and easier every time, and soon you could do it with your eyes closed. And some things do. Others are ever-changing and more challenging, depending on a variety of factors. Not bad. Just challenging.


The fun part is that I've gotten to meet some pretty cool people because of it, like our founders, Bernie & Rita. And our commencement speakers:

- Lilly Ledbetter (namesake of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009)

- Barbara Solomon (research professor at USC and a member of our board)

- Lord Mark Malloch Brown (UK Minister for Africa, Asia, and the UN)


Although I don't get to meet all of them personally, I also have the opportunity to see some pretty great speakers (either in person or via video) like Donna Brazile, Cheryl Dorsey, David Bornstein, and others.


On top of it, I'm lucky to work for a place I can believe in. We have great students, faculty, and staff all dedicated to our mission... who work every day to make a difference for others. And that's pretty great.


So, as I am in the midst of my busiest time of year, I can remember I'm pretty lucky... and be thankful for that. Wish me luck at the 'big show!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!