3.02.2012

a different kind of edible arrangement?

Today I was having kind of a long day... but, I got the most random and hilarious voicemail at the end of the day. Please note: this is the funniest voicemail of the day... I also received the funniest call (that I answered) today. I can tell you about that later.

Anyway, back to the voicemail. It was 3:38 p.m. and I looked at my phone and saw I had a voicemail from an unknown number. When I listened, it went something like this:

"Hi Brenda, this is [guy] from Hog Masters. Please call me back at [number] as soon as you can. I have your pigs here, and I need an address for where to deliver them. Thanks!"

You may be having the same reactions that I did. First, "Hogmasters?" and then "my pigs?" I was as surprised as you are! I had a couple of colleagues listen to the message and we laughed. And joked that, maybe instead of someone sending me flowers or an edible arrangement, someone is sending me pigs! And that perhaps, instead of a bonus this year, I'm getting a truck of pigs. What a great surprise!

And we laughed... and I needed it, so I was happy.

But, it got better.

I called guy back to let him down nicely that I was, unfortunately not the intended recipient of the pigs. Instead of the phone ringing, it played "Sweet Home Alabama" (good song) and when guy answered, it went something like this:

Me: Hi, you called me earlier about a pig delivery... I think you may have the wrong number.

Guy: Oh, yes! Sorry about that, I did have the wrong number.

Me: Oh, good. When I got your message, I thought to myself: 'I don't think the townhome association allows me to have pigs." (laughs)

Guy: (also laughs) Well, they aren't alive anymore - they've been butchered.

Me: Oh... (gets a little uncomfortable)

Guy: (remains cheery) Yeah, they are for a wedding and they gave me the wrong phone number. But thanks for calling me back!

Me: No problem! Glad you found the right place for them!

Guy: I did. Have a great weekend!
So, turns out the pigs were a different kind of edible arrangement... and they were not for me. I'm OK with that.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!