12.03.2011

thanksgiving salad

I love Thanksgiving because it means we get to spend time with our family, of course, but also because the food is GREAT because we have some pretty awesome cooks in the family. For the last couple of years, I've offered to bring salads. I looked back, and I don't think I posted about the one I made last year, but it was pretty good. This year, though, the recipe I used was awesome, so I wanted to share!

I didn't really change much, so I'm linking to it here - it was Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing and I found it on allrecipes.com (shocking, I know... I find tons of stuff, there).



If you're looking for a great salad recipe, I highly recommend this one. I doubled the recipe and used two bags of romaine lettuce mix instead of buying heads of romaine. And I didn't quite use all of the cheese. I had leftover dressing because there was too much for the amount of lettuce,  but that's OK because it's great to use later on a different salad!

Give it a try!

What did you make/bring for your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!