7.11.2010

it's peanut butter jelly time!

For reference, this is what is going through my head right now:



Haha. I love Family Guy! Anyway, last night I decided I wanted peanut butter cookies. I'm taking most of them to work tomorrow (so if you work with me and will be in tomorrow, stop by...) Because most of the recipes I've done lately were found online, I decided to pull out the church cookbook because there had to be a peanut butter cookie recipe in there - and probably from someone I know. I was incorrect - there's not a single one in there. For those of you who have the cookbook I'm referring to, had you noticed that yet? Weird, huh? So, back to the internet... I found this one on Allrecipes.com and followed it pretty much, but did a couple of things different.




Peanut Butter Cookies
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
1/2 c. butter (softened)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

With a hand mixer, combine peanut butter (crunchy and creamy), butter, and sugar (white and brown) until mixed well. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and mix well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix again.

Roll into 1-inch diameter balls and press the tops in sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and press down with a fork to create the criss-cross design.

Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

With the last few, I wanted to try peanut butter & jelly cookies, so I pressed an indentation into the dough balls rather than making the criss-cross design and filled with strawberry jelly - and then baked (still for 8 minutes). They were yummy! It's probably easier just to make a PBJ sandwich, but these are fun. If you have kids, I bet they would like this and think it's fun to help make them.

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!