5.16.2011

copycat

I don't eat Subway a lot, but kind of regularly -- and I have some favorites. The spicy italian, the steak and cheese, and the veggie. Which one of these is not like the other?  ....

I think my favorite, though, is the chicken bacon ranch on flatbread. Mmmm...

So, when I was at the store one night, I was hemming and hawing about what I wanted for dinner. And then I saw a package of 4 ciabatta buns and it hit me: I want homemade chicken bacon ranch ciabatta. Mmm...

There was some leftover chicken, so I cut the ciabattas in half, put some cut chicken on one side, then cooked bacon, and a little shredded cheese. I baked it, open-faced, probably at 350 for 10-13 minutes. I should really write things down when I don't have a recipe, as my directions now are somewhat less than helpful. I may as well say "I used a heating device for a period of time until it was good."

Anyway, when it was done, I put some ranch dressing on the bun top, put it together, and enjoyed. It was really yummy and I recommend.


And the nice thing was that I had grabbed some roast beef, so we used the other two ciabatta buns a couple of days later for french dips. No photo of that, though. Sorry. :(

Do you have a favorite sandwich? Subway or otherwise? Always looking for ideas....

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!