1.30.2011

cabbage

We've had a head of cabbage sitting around since earlier this week and finally figured out how to use part of it today.  I found this recipe online for Kielbasa Cabbage Skillet and used it pretty closely with a few changes based on what I had.  It was really good, so if you're looking for something to do with cabbage, I'd recommend trying this.  And, I think it's not super unhealthy for you, which is a bonus.


Here are my notes this:
  • I didn't have a green pepper, so I used half of a red pepper and chopped up one medium carrot, too
  • We had "hot" kielbasa, which we've had a few times now.  If you like a little spice, it's great, and it added a lot of flavor to the cabbage in the end, too. 
  • Some of the reviews say to use chicken broth instead of water.  I didn't have chicken broth, but had water and chicken bullion, so used that - same idea, right?
It was great and I have about half of a head of cabbage left to do something with, yet.  One of these days, I need to make the colcannon recipe that Dianne sent me... I still have it on deck for when I have the right things. :) 

1 comment:

  1. My mom made cabbage once and it stunk up the whole house. My dad didn't know what the smell was so he went over to smell the trash can. Little did he know that terrible smell was dinner! We've not had it since...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!