1.20.2012

quick update: 2012 goals

Although  I normally do not make resolutions, I've decided that in 2012, I am going to try 12 months of "dos and don'ts" -- and my first was: Don't drink soda more than once a week.

So, how's it going?

Well, it's now Jan. 20, 2012 which means I am 20 days with no soda. That's right. NONE! I haven't had any at all. I'm in Miami for work this week, and I was sure I would have some, but I declined at lunch today, and haven't bought any at the airport or the hotel. I think part of it is that now that I've made this choice, I am steering away from it at all because I am worried I might fall of the wagon. Also, I have not increased my juice intake as a substitute. I'm finding I'm drinking a similar amount of coffee (lots) and water (lots more than before, which I think is good). And, I appear to be following all of the rules I set around this goal. 

That being said, I did find a flaw in the plan....

2 for 1 drinks.

Some say: but it's only part soda, so you can have two and that equals one.

Some say: you're only paying for one, so it's really just one.

I say: it's against the rules I made. No excuses. But, crap... a flaw in the plan. I didn't see that one coming. Let's hope that there's a 2 for 1 special without soda next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!