6.06.2010

two words for you: So. Good.


I have to start by giving credit for this to Jenny Winjum for a couple of things. First, this recipe is awesome and she shared it with me. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's definitely comparable to the Tuscan Garlic Chicken at the Olive Garden, as she said it would be. Amazing! Second, if you've been following, you'll understand why I think it's super cool that I got this recipe in the regular mail vs. getting it via e-mail. So, Jenny - thanks for great food and for sending me mail!

Jenny and I have said that we should start a cooking club, and I had been thinking about creating a facebook group where people could post their favorite recipes, tips, etc... and ask for advice. I do this because I think it's fun, but am by no means an expert and often need to ask for help and ideas. If people are interested in giving it a try, I'll put together a group - so let me know.

As I'm writing, I'm eating some leftovers of this so I can tell you it's good leftover, as well. :) And finally, I'll get to the point - here's the exact recipe, I didn't change a thing:

Tuscan Garlic Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 c. flour and 1 Tblsp. flour
2 tsp. pepper
3 tsp. italian seasoning
1 lb. fettucini, cooked
5 Tblsp. olive oil
1 Tblsp. garlic, chopped
1 red pepper, julianned
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 lb. fresh spinach
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. parmesaen

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, salt, pepper, italian seasoning in a large dish; dredge chicken in the mixture. Heat 3 Tblsp. olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken for 3 minutes. Then, place the chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.

Heat 2 Tblsp. olive oil in a pot. Add garlic, red pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour, wine, spinach, and cream. Boil. Sauce is done when the spinach wilts. Stir in parmesaen.

Coat cooked, drained pasta with sauce. Then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with extra cheese.

And there you have it! I have no notes, comments, etc... it was delish!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try to make this. From reading the list of ingredients; sounds like there are "NO" calories in this dish ;~) I bet my peeps will like this. Looks and sounds yummy! Will let you know if mine turns out, and gets a thumbs up from the family. Keep cook'n and post'n. ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!