In my inbox, I know I have a pasta dish Chelsey sent me, colcannon from Dianne, and Shrimp Victoria from Holly - and they all sound good, so I need to get them on my shopping list soon! Last week, though, I took another recommendation from Jenny, and it was, again sooo good. Probably really bad for me, but sometimes it's worth it.
Poppy Seed Chicken
3 c. chicken - diced small
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 can cream of celery soup
8 oz. sour cream
Crushed crackers (Ritz or Townhouse)
6 Tbsp. butter (melted)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chicken, soup, and sour cream together in a casserole dish. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top of the chicken mixture. Cover with crushed crackers and pour the melted butter over the top. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
Here are my notes on this:
- Normally people use cream of chicken soup, I think, with this - but Jenny recommended the cream of celery and it did give it a different flavor, in a good way!
- I was skeptical and thought it would maybe be bland because there aren't really any spices in it. But apparently there is enough it he crackers / soup to make this tasty. It didn't need anything else (not even salt and pepper)
- For the crackers, I used Townhouse Garlic and Herb crackers - yum
- I really think this would be an awesome filling for pot pie if you added some veggies
- I ate it with toast. I think others eat it on buns as sandwiches
And I'm curious... have you made anything I've shared?