4.20.2011

S.A.D.

April (snow) showers bring May.... wait... that's not how the saying goes.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the acronym for Seasonal Affective Disorder is SAD. Clever, though. It snowed (again) and it's after mid-April now. Back by Cal (hometown) they got 6+ inches and here I shouldn't complain because we got about an inch (that I know of) this morning, and it had melted by the time I got home.

This is what it looked like here on November 13 last year:


This is what it looked like April 20 of this year:



Can you tell the difference?  Spending 5+ months looking at that is about enough to make someone (have) SAD.

I was telling mom last night that I think it's funny (but not really in a funny ha-ha way) that snow in mid-April is so upsetting because it's not new. It's the same thing every year. It gets nice for about a week or two, we get a taste of spring and warm, and -- every year -- it snows (again).

For some reason, though, this comes as a complete shock to all of us.

People are SAD, angry, upset - and even more so confused. I like to think it's that we, from the midwest, are wishful thinkers.We have faith that some year, April will come and it will be sunshine and roses and rainbows. It's just a bummer that Mother Nature has a crappy sense of humor.

Interestingly, though, after all of this for the last 5+ months, I still thought it looked really pretty in the trees - just like I did back in November. I was a little crabbier this time, but it was still pretty.

So, hopefully this is the end and we're on our way to spring. :)

In other, happier news, I had Keith help me draw the names of the two winners of the Ghiradelli chocolates from my 100th blog post!



And the winners are:

................

................

................

Holly & Genni!

I'll contact you guys to figure out how to get them to you. Woot woot! Thanks to everyone for being supportive of all of my ramblings. :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Holly and Genni. Your pictures were a cute way to show 6 months of snow. I am going to hang our cloths on the line today even though I will be standing in the snow.Its Spring D---it and that's all I have to say!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any one wanting to post if you type your note where it says Post a Comment,Hit select profile, select Name/URL, and type in your name, Hit Post Comment. I had to re-hit the Post Comment 3 times before it finally posted, but it does work. Make any sense if someone wants to post a comment???? rk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I'm about done with this, too. Thanks for the posting tip, Mom - I am not sure why it acts funny like that sometimes.

    So, listen to Mom - if it doesn't post right try hitting post comment again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!