8.11.2011

Hello!

So, I've been a little MIA for the summer. It was time for a break... enjoying the first summer I've really had to myself in about 6 years because my work life isn't nearly so seasonally hectic anymore. Hooray!

So, what has been going on? Well, we've spent some time on the lake.


I've been spending a lot of quality time with my Nook. Some favorites were The Help, the Hunger Games series, and The Front Porch Prophet.


We enjoyed the 4th of July Family Fun Fest!

I saw Bill Clinton speak at the commencement for the university I work at.


I puppy sat for some friends. Meet Tex. He's the smartest, sassiest dog I know. (OK, maybe he doesn't look very sassy here, but he totally is.)


And I went to our family reunion (it's every 3 years, and I've missed the last two - see above about having summer back...) And now I'm on the committee for planning the next one.



And we did some family four-wheeling...


To a bridge that my great-great grandpa built in 1910... (is that the right number of greats??)


And, I'm back - and I feel like I'm on top of the world.


I plan to get back to regular posting now. Hopefully there will be some fun stuff coming soon! This Saturday I'm attending a photography seminar to learn how to use my camera's features properly. Sunday I'm going to a fringe festive play written by a colleague of mine (Change Agent - check it out). More to come!

Oh, and speaking of photos, I linked up this week to Ma Nouvelle Mode's Summer Lovin' photo contest. :) Thanks to my college buddy Laura @ Life with Laura for sharing.




Hope you're Lovin' Summer, too!

p.s. if you want to receive an e-mail notification when I post, you can subscribe here. Subscribers are neat. And so are you. Coincidence?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!