12.03.2010

minnesotan

I was walking with a friend/colleague today to grab some lunch.  When we walked outside it went something like this:

Me:  Oh, this isn't bad
Friend:  No, not at all
Me:  Yeah, it's kind of nice, actually

And then we laughed.  We said it's like a joke that begins 'You know you're a Minnesotan when.... it's 14 degrees outside and you still think it's nice out.

That was in my head, so when I was on my way home in the snowy weather I was driving along and then thought this one. 'You know you're a Minnesotan when you think getting behind a snow plow is like winning the lottery.'  Because I did. And it felt like winning the lottery.  Jackpot!

There's a reason I don't do stand-up.  I'm not very good with jokes.  Do you have a better 'You know you're a Minnesotan when...'?  It shouldn't take much because mine are terrible, but I'm interested to hear yours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome - so please let me know what you think! The feature is a little funny on here, so sometimes you have to click a few times to submit. I appreciate you taking the time!